WHAT DO YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT COVID-19 (SARS-COV-2)?
What is the coronavirus?
Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses found in both animals and humans. Some infect people and are known to cause diseases ranging from the common cold to more serious illnesses, such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS).
The new virus was called SARS-CoV-2 and the disease it causes is COVID-19.
How to protect yourself from the SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) virus?
According to the world health organization, the main preventive measures are:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth, and nose with your hands.
- Cover your nose and mouth when you sneeze or cough, using a tissue or the inside of your elbow. Then throw the disposable tissue away and wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Social distancing. Always keep at least 2 meters away from other people, even if they don't seem to have symptoms.
- Frequently clean and disinfect common surfaces, such as countertops, door handles, faucets,and keys.
What is the difference between cleaning & disinfecting?
It’s important to take care of your home & there is a difference between cleaning and disinfecting.
- Cleaning typically refers to removal of dirt, grime, soils and dust
- Disinfecting refers to killing germs (which is a catch all term for viruses, bacteria and fungi) on hard-non porous and soft surfaces.
Be sure to check the back label of a product to learn about the different viruses, bacteria and fungi that a product is effective against.
Does FamilyGuard Aerosol work against viruses?
- The FamilyGuard aerosol has been tested against a range of viruses (shown on the product label) and has been shown to kill viruses when used as directed on hard, non-porous surfaces.
Does FamilyGuard Aerosol kill SARS-CoV-2, the virus that can cause COVID-19?
- Yes. We tested against SARS-CoV-2 virus at a third party lab and the FamilyGuard aerosol was shown to kill the SARS-CoV-2 virus when used as directed. The test method used ASTM E1053, which is an internationally accepted testing methodology that evaluates how much virus a product is capable of inactivating. The methodology simulates the way in which the product is intended to be used by consumers by treating the target virus with the disinfectant.
How do I properly use FamilyGuard Disinfectant Aerosols to disinfect hard, non-porous surfaces?
Please follow the usage instructions on back of pack:
- Shake well before each use
- To Disinfect Germs on hard, non-porous surfaces: Spray pre-cleaned surface until wet. Allow product to remain on surface for 5 minutes.
Source: World Health Organization (WHO) - www.who.int